2. Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
3. Types of Data We Collect. The Company collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data (as defined below) from you when you visit our Website, when you send us information or communications, and/or when you download and use our Software and otherwise use our Services. "Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number and email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data. Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
5. Personal Data Collected Via Technology. To provide you the Services, if you are a Driver User, we collect the GPS location of the handheld mobile device on which the Software is installed periodically. If you are a Customer User, we collect the GPS location of the handheld mobile device on which the Software is installed when you hail or request a livery car or other vehicle for hire or select to disclose such information to other Driver Users or Customer Users of the Services. The Services allow Customer Users to hail or request a livery car or other vehicle for hire and direct pick-up to select commercial locations, such as a nearby restaurant or retailer. If you are a Customer User and select a commercial location, we will collect that location.
6. Personal Data That We Collect From You About Others. If you decide to create an Account for and invite a third party to join our network, we will collect your and the third party's names and email addresses in order to send an email and follow-up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us to request the removal of this information from our database.
7. Use of Your Data.
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. The Company uses your Personal Data in the following ways: to provide you the Services; if you are a Driver User, to check your background and bill you for the Services; to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account; to identify you as a user in our system; to provide improved administration of our Website, Software, and other Services; to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website, Software, and other Services; to send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created; to send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; to respond to your inquiries and requests; to send promotional or marketing communications for our products and services or those of third parties; to provide you with hardcopy or electronic newsletters, or surveys; and solicit your feedback.
(b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Website, Software and other Services. The Company reserves the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its discretion.
8. Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
(b) Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), the Company may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on the Company; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of the Company or users of the Website, Software or other Services.
9. Third Parties.
(b) Disclosure to Third-Party Service Providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from our Services to other entities. However, we may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers to provide you with the Website, Software and other Services that we offer you; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of Accounts; if you are a Driver User, to process your payments; to provide technical support; or to provide specific services to you or the Company. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by the Company. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing services to you or us.
(c) Background Check. If you are a Driver User, you expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with the third parties you list as references during the registration process for the sole purpose of the Company performing a background check on you.
(d) Disclosures to Other Users.
(i) To provide you the Services, the Software tracks the GPS location of the handheld mobile device on which the Software is installed. If you are a Driver User, such GPS information will be disclosed to other Driver Users and Customer Users of the Services periodically. If you are a Customer User, such GPS information will be disclosed to other Driver Users and Customer Users of the Services that you select to disclose such GPS information to, including without limitation, any Driver User you hail or request to pick you up until you select not to disclose such information to them or until the Driver User picks you up (as applicable).
(ii) If you are a Customer User and you have associated a phone number with your Account, your phone number will be disclosed to Driver Users and other Customer Users of the Services that you select to disclose your phone number to, including without limitation, any Driver User you hail or request to pick you up until you select not to disclose such information to them or until the Driver User picks you up (as applicable).
(iii) The Services allow Customer Users to request a livery car or other vehicle for hire to pick them up from select commercial locations (e.g., a particular restaurant). If you are a Customer User and select a commercial location, we will disclose the commercial location to Driver Users and other Customer Users of the Services that you select to disclose your commercial location to, including without limitation, any Driver User you hail or request to pick you up until you select not to disclose such information to them or until the Driver User picks you up (as applicable).
(iv) You expressly consent to our collection, disclosure, and use of such GPS location, phone number, and commercial location (as applicable) as described above.
10. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data. If you are a Driver User, you expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with the third parties you list as references during the registration process for the sole purpose of the Company performing a background check on you.
(b) Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within the Software or by sending an email to us at the email address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
11. Security of Your Personal Data. The Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that the Company cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data and mistakes may happen.